Hibiscus rosa sinunsis - China Rose - Shoe flower
Hibiscus is an ornamental flowering garden plant that can bloom almost year round. It is a large shrub found in the warm regions all over the world.
This plant is best known by its beautiful flowers. The flowers are large, trumpet shaped without scent. Flower consists of 5 or more petals that can be red, white, orange, pink, yellow, purple or blue in color. These blossoms only last a day, but they are quickly replaced by new blooms.
How to grow Hibiscus:
Growing hibiscus is easy way to add beauty to your garden. You will be rewarded with many years of lovely flowers. You can buy small hibiscus plants in the local nurseries
When buying hibiscus, look for plants that have lots of buds and healthy leaves.
It grows on well drained soils in the sunny areas. They prefer soils that are rich in organic matter.
Select a lateral soft wood stem with mature leaves of the hibiscus plant and cut it with a sharp knife.
1) Fill the pot or the container with moist potting soil mixed with some compost.
2) Make a hole in the potting soil with your finger and step the cutting in the hole.
3) Set the cutting deep enough in the soil. Gently firm the soil around the cutting.
4) The cuttings will root in 2-3 weeks.
Growing a hibiscus plant in a container or a pot will allow you to move the plant to ideal location.
5) Select a site with full sun and well drained soil in the garden and dig holes 2-3 apart and as deep as the root ball.
6) Carefully remove the plant from the container and set it in the hole.
7) Fill the hole half full with soil, then water it well to settle the soil. Let the water drain, then fill the remainder of the hole with soil and water thoroughly.
8) feed the plant with compost twice a month, during growing season and prune as necessary to control plant size.
9) When hibiscus are in their blooming stage,they require large amounts of water, They need daily watering in warm weather.